Six Letters to Myself
Written between 6th January - 16th January, 2022
Writing letters has always been more than a hobby to me. Ghalib inspired me to write letters to my loved ones and yes, I believe in writing letters in the 21st century. I have written so many letters and received many as well.
But during my Civil Services Mains Examinations in January 2022, amidst chilling Delhi winters added with weekend lockdown and heavy rainfall, I decided to promise myself everyday before going to the bed.
This promise was very simple - to give my best in the exam and not leave even a single page blank no matter what. And to motivate myself, I recused to letters, the very letters I was writing to motivate others till now. For the first time, I wrote letters to myself.
Before every exam day, I used to write a letter to myself to reflect back and move ahead. This is a thread of the 6 letters I wrote to myself :
1.) My writing skills was to be tested in few hours. T minus 1 day!
2.) The day I had the worst headache after writing two essays.
3.) A policeman helped me reach my center in time when there was no cab/public transport this day, he was an angel. Sharing a photo with him that day.
But had the most terrifying night as my weakest paper GS III was next.
4.) A much needed 5-days break was ahead and I was to write in Devanagari script after months. The language papers down the line.
![]() |
5.) Last and most important day to come. People laughed at me when I said I'll score 300+ in History Optional. Tomorrow will be the day to prove them wrong.
6.) And it's done. I looked at the sky before the paper, and I challenged god to bring the toughest history paper so that I can prove my love. Just like sunlight touched the ground after 2 weeks of rain in Delhi, I knew I will clear this exam upon exiting the exam hall.







All of them are so beautiful. Rise and shine, Rakushi .
ReplyDeleteLove and lots of love
ReplyDeleteThis optimism and positivity is utterly intimidating. The day my self-talks match their competence would be a day I'd be truly fearless !
ReplyDeleteYou have provided answers to so many mumbling questions in my head, largely related to tryst called life.
ReplyDelete