History Optional : Ancient India Notes

"From Stone Age to the advent of Turks

History Optional : Paper 1, Part A


The story of making these notes starts from the first wave of the pandemic. When the UPSC postponed the prelims of 2020 to October, I had 3 extra months in my kitty and I thought - let's study History!! For three months straight, I studied this wonderful subject. A subject that I loved since I first started to know its name. 

During my college days, when I used to visit Delhi University and see someone doing graduation in history, I had a subtle mix feeling of envy and excitement. Then I used to think - one day, maybe I'll also get the chance to study this subject.

These notes are an all-comprehensive study of Ancient Indian History from more than 6 different authors. They are structured in the form of Part - A of History Optional Paper 1 syllabus of UPSC.

According to my experience, they can be used for preparing NET JRF in History as well. I managed to clear JRF with these notes only. I will soon be sharing the Medieval Indian History part here itself.

Lastly, I want to express my gratitude toward Mr. Vikram Grewal (IFS, 2019 Batch) whose notes were the first history notes I saw and got encouraged to make my own. Some of the parts of these notes are inspired by his notes and updated, enhanced, and extended by me. I hope someone will get inspired by mine and achieve success.

To the beautiful subject of History, that I love. All the very BEST!


Comments

  1. Good Evening sir, Congrats for getting into Indian Foreign Service,.....sir can you give me another link to download this notes, because i am unable to download it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the arrow button on the right top corner, it will open in google drive from where you can download it.

      Delete
  2. thanks a Lot Sir . these notes would really help me to make add-ons (though your notes are comprehensive) and give structure to answers and unique pointers . would be forever grateful .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir plz upload mediaeval, modern and world notes too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. Will you please upload your modern and world history notes.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment